Wednesday 11 January 2012

WOYWW - must get it right

Hello All, blimey I am blogging all over the place these days, have to make sure I get the right link in the right place or risk sending out a search party for lost blogger souls who have stumbled onto the wrong post!

This post are yes I remember the Wednesday work desk romp courtesy of Lady on high Julia Dunnit (WOYWW link on the right will take you to base desk and from there creativity knowing no bounds.)
Right on my workdesk this week:


It is all connected to Darcy's 52 week postcard challenge this week (link at the top right) and won't go on here because that is what the second half of Fridays is for, well along with the first half and  Rocking my World Friday. But that is a helpful comment to make because before Christmas I did tease you with Secret Santy makes that I could not reveal, but now Virginia (of Rocking my World Friday fame) is in the know I can show all! - p.s. Yay Carmen!

For Virginia's delight I did make a box where I stitched on 4 Celtic knots using felt and black embroidery thread to 4 squares of black fabric. I made the squares into pockets and filled with some chipboard. I then used thread to link the 4 filled pouches together and added a bottom then made a lid in a very similar fashion. Unfortunately some pratt forgot to take a photo of the finished box but did do the 4 finished sides so:


And I hope Virginia doesn't mind but I did nick this photo from her original post here


The other piece of creativity that I did come up with was a scrapbook all targeted to her halloweeny, batty love that comes across. There were some added lovely bits in case the creativity went tits up not shown here but in the original post......As before I shall leave you to peruse or not at your leisure, sorry for the photo heavyness. Bats most definitely based on those by Laura Denison of Following the Paper trail, but the rest was all me ha ha haha:











26 comments:

Virginia said...

Morning Wendy - don't mind at all you grabbing the piccie - both of the gifts were out of this world and definitely rocked my weeks over Christmas - hope you're having a great day (I thought it would be just me up at this unearthly hour LOL).

crafty....du said...

Love your batty scrapbook it is fab :) thanks for sharing and keep up the good work :)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Respect, girlfriend!! That Celtic knotwork is awesome. I have knitted patterns like that, drawn and painted them but to embroider them and get the crossover/unders of the pattern to look real is an achievement!! How long did that take you to do??
And I love the bats - got a soft spot for all things batty, including my DH, lol :)
Hugs, LLJ #26 xx
PS Hope you do get to see some of the Jamaican team in action xx

Annie said...

What fab projects on show today. Love that box.
Hugs,
A x
PS Don't forget to pop over to my blog to make your guess and join in the celebration fun if you haven't already.....and good luck

ScrappnBee said...

So much coolness in this post!!! Seriously! Love the box! The work that you did on the knots is spectacular! The Halloween book is SO unique and original! I love it! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda 34

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I could hardly wait to visit your desk tonight, but was sure surprised to see everything that was getting made. You really ARE all over the place. That is a GOOD thing, dear.


Happy WOYWW (#3).

JoZart Designs said...

Tidiest desk on the planet hey? Defo!
Love the things you've shown especially the bats. Amazing!
Hope your parcel arrives swiftly.... let me know,
love JoZarty x

Unknown said...

that bat thing is gorjuss, such a great piece of work hun

thanks for the snoop
Hugs
Judie xx

May said...

Love the box, the bats are sooo cute great ideas, thanks for sharing, Hugs May x x x x

Carmen said...

I just loved what you made. Both were so personal to Virginia and SO ingenious! Just loved them!

I know what you mean about magazines, I'm generally disappointed but this one this month - well the bath went cold and I had to top it up :D

Yay to your other good news - fingers crossed for you!

As for your table - is that a squished monster?

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Wow! That batty book is so clever. Thanks for the book recommendation. I haven't found anything helpful on youtube, so I'll just have to figure it out for myself! Sometimes it's easier than you think once you start :o)

Elizabeth said...

Love the batty scrapbook and your celtic crosses are superb. Thanks for sharing a shot of your very tidy table. Elizabeth x #96

Elizabeth said...

Just read your comment and to clarify: as there is no earthly hope of using up all my stash this year, I think I'm on fairly safe ground ... I will just be making room for more new stash ... I need no encouragement :)) Elizabeth x #96

donnalouiserodgers said...

here's how it goes,

up at 6, dogs, shower, dress, housework travel, eight hour shift for my employer, ALWAYS FINISH ON TIME, travel, dogs, cook, children attended to (even grown up ones need daily hello if nothing else), we eat at table together ( whoever is in the house) which leaves an hour to art craft - so that's me - one hour every day - it' s a precious hour and it is used to the max, Bed by 11 pm (must have 7 hours sleep or I get migraine). At weekends I aim to get four hours around house keeping/cleaning/ironing/spending time with freinds/familly. Sometimes I stay up late but only if I knwow I'll get seven hours sleep total.

so total art time is nine hours a week, slightly more that just one of my working days.

It's not the number of hours I think - it's what you do with each one?

I very very very rarely watch TV

I read daily
I walk a minimum 4 miles a day
I eat four fruit/veg a day, meat once a week (chicken or fish)
I drink water
I feel good

I don't understand why people make themselves ill when it is easy to be healthy.

I am fat because I like chocolate and I don't run any more. If I stopped eating I'd be thin.

I tell stories

Dx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Love your box!

505whimsygirl said...

Nice box. Also like the bats - which I sometimes see in my neighborhood!

Happy WOYWW #45

Twiglet said...

I love the batty project!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am not doing too badly, having only bought a couple of stamps from Barbara Gray to complete a partial set I already had. All the cards I have made so far this year have been done with stock I already had, most of which came from the oddments box. I love that box with the celtic designs. Really dramatic. xx Maggie #105

sandra de said...

Love your projects they are amazing.

Darcy Marshall said...

Love the bats!

Glad your stamps arrived, yes I made the postcard for you. x

l00pyscraftcreations said...

I'm seeing how many I can get round this way.then when I have finished I'll come back again, that is if I can STOP reading all the posts first Happy WOYWW

LOu P

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh clever womble, what a great and fun idea those bats are! The embroidery is fab, what a great gift, no wonder it was so well received.

Sarah said...

Such a creative and fun make - really well made! Really love those dramatic red Celtic knots too! Thanks for the peek in to your crafty space...Sarah at 6

Brenda B said...

Lovely box, very intricate work. Love the little bats, not something you expect to see in january but very cute non the less!

Hugs
Brenda 103

Neet said...

Did you cut those knots out freehand? Amazing stuff. Thanks for the batty bit on your blog too.
Thanks for sharing and for commenting on my blog - Hugs, Neet xx

Enfys said...

Sorry I'm late, but lovely to see a nice busy desk! Love your batty project...
hugs
Enfys