Tuesday 24 August 2010

Capturing the First year

I am slowly recovering from a weekend camping trip. It was the first one attempted with a very lively 2 year old. I'd be lying if I said it was all fun but the weather held for bbq-ing and as it was a meeting of the clan Busby there was much jollity and too little sleep. My ds definately enjoyed himself so I expect that the tent will get more use in a year ot twos time.

I wanted to post up my early attempts at scrapbooking memories. I decided to make presents for grandparents and godparents that captured the 1st year of ds adventures. I found some lovely flip books from lippy chick (which no longer has a website but bits and pieces are available from various places). The papers used were K & Co. The whole process was a welcome distraction from a bullying workplace and a bullying neighbour (I know Ann is nodding her head at some of this ;) At least I am free from the work place now.





This shows 2 out of the 3. Due to being a plonker I forgot to get copies of the individual cases that I made for each one (might have to grovel to each of the recipients to correct this someday) and also the little extra 'pockets' that contain information like length, weight and birth time. All in all not bad for a first attempt perhaps :)


3 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

A great idea to record those precious memories, now my kids are growing up I do regret not having discovered scrapbooking until 6 years ago. Luckily I was always a keen photographer, and do have many photos to scrap!

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

So just that precious time thing needed then............

Carola Bartz said...

These flip books are adorable! Those will be wonderful memories for all of you. So special.