Monday 16 August 2010

The 2nd of the wedding boxes

My dh and I spent our weekend in Leicester at the Summer Sundae festival it was our 3rd time. Last time we took a 9 week old baby with us, this time we left a very lively toddler with my sister and his cousins. Needless to say he had a fabulous time and aside from feeling like I had lost a limb (it was my first time apart from him) I found it a relaxing and pleasant experience. There were only about 5 bands I was really interested in so I spent enjoyable hours following dh to the bands he wanted to see or just soaking up the atmosphere :)

This year we have had 2 sets of our close friends getting married. Being more established as many couples are when they tie the knot we were left with the quandry of what to get people who didn't really want a present - but feeling the need to mark the occasion. After considering and throwing away several ideas I decided upon memory boxes. I still need to upload the images of the 1st box I did on to my laptop but here is the 2nd box I altered.


I got the wooden boxes from Freya Design. The stamps are all penny black, all numbers and letters apart from the cat and ring which is from the 12 days of christmas set. They were coloured in using promarkers.


No comments: